As mentioned at the beginning of JCH’s rebirth, I mentioned that the site would be following 10 categories as its guiding force. This is what I would like to try, and the categories have been thought on for quite a bit. Each category is extremely broad and those categories will wither be sorted via subcategories, or by tag. Keeping the categories intentionally broad sharpens that element of surprise!
- Video Games -Truly a passion of mine and millions, I love video games and I love the world of them.
- Movies – Like video games, I am a fan of film.
- Books – I do not read much, but I may start reading again as I begin to manage the time I spend in a better way.
- Projects – Perhaps the most narrow category, I will undertake various projects if I so happen to roll a 4. Big or small projects that I do.
- Food – MMMMMMMMMMMMM.
- Product Reviews – I am approaching middle age, and as I do, I use more things to get things done. Like a bored housewife, I will share product reviews. Any product!
- Music – I love music, so this could really go anywhere.
- News and Politics – Sticky!
- Youtube – I may share some videos I have recorded and edited or I may share a Youtube channel that I find entertaining.
- Podcasts – Same as Youtube, but I have a friend who has shown a desire to record a podcast with me. I will be setting up a feed for podcasts and will be putting them on iTunes and other podcasting pages.
Those are the 10 categories. I don’t think I will be changing them, but the first article based on a category will be rolled by the dice and will be the first entry. There will be 1 update per day, Monday – Friday. I may do 10 updates in one day and use WordPress’s publish function to automatically publish an article, but the content should be coming. I believe 10 days will be as far ahead as I get due to the nature of timing. If I have multiple updates in one day, chances are I chose to write without rolling. So, a break down:
- Once a day I will publish an article that is randomly determined.
- Perhaps I will write what I want to add more content for the day.
- Assume there will be no limitations on topics.
- A weekly podcast may supplement this web page.
A category page will be created with logos for each category. All of this is under construction.
Just Chill Here started with a specific goal in mind, and that goal was never reached because there was a lot of work on the front of the page that took a lot out of me. I have tooled around with a way to produce content that would reflect just chilling out, which would involve producing material that would not necessarily take up a lot of time, but actually feel like you may have learned something by experiencing it, or being moderately entertained by it.
I made some mistakes by writing about things that were not inherently interesting to me, by forcing myself to fill out a list of categories evenly, but I have come up with a rather cheesy way to make content creation less forced and more involving.
Just Chill Here will not focus on one thing, which can be a drawback for some sites, but this site is just a place for me, and perhaps someone else, to talk about things we want to talk about. The focus here is the 10 categories I would like to address in no particular order, in no particular fashion, and in no particular structure. Funny or not, allowing myself to treat my blog as a writing tool and not an assignment will allow me to get what I want from the site, and perhaps what you, as a person who just wants to chill out, may want.
There will be a degree of randomness. Each category will be aligned with a number 1 through 10, and I will take my trusty old Dungeons and Dragons D10, roll it, and write an article that falls within that category.
Where will this structure take Just Chill Here? Hopefully to a place of interest and entertainment, and hopefully nowhere that is too stuffy and boring.
Welcome, I hope you find my work interesting.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
So, I am going to prattle off a list of things I am going to give an honest effort at for 2015. This list will receive strikethroughs
like this for every failed resolution. I will also add the date that the resolution failed.
- The obvious resolution is that I must Lose Weight and the action here is to get back on Weight Watchers and adopt some form of exercise program, perhaps DDP Yoga, because I feel like I need to stretch more than anything.
- Get ahead at work. My job is killing my soul because I procrastinate. By doing this I will make the dreaded check lists to ensure progress is being made.
- Be a little less bitchy about miniscule things that have no direct effect on my life.
- Read one book per month. That seems lazy, but I read like two books last year. I am going to try to do more, but one is a good minimum.
- Do yardwork more. I have excused myself from working outside for quite a bit, but this year, I plan to get back outside. More than 1 day a week outside for at least an hour.
- Stop drinking sodas like water. There is no reason for cokes to even be in our bodies, so I am going to try to stop. I may have one on occasion, but at the rate I am drinking them…woooooooooooooo…I still have teeth, a liver and kidneys? I better knock on some wood.
- Stop eating out. Seriously. I have money issues because of this. for a spell, I was spending 7-10 bucks a meal, 3 meals, 7 days a week. It adds up quickly, and I would save a smidgen of coins if I cooked at home.
- Learn to cook. I can cook good food, but none of it is healthy or nutritious. I want to learn how to make healthy meals in a manner that makes them taste less like health and more like TACOS. The issue with the organic movement and health foods is, well, I don’t like the taste of dirt, and healthy food brings that.
- Go fishing. 2014 was the saddest year of my life for fishing. I lost all of my motivation, likely triggered by the 370 lbs of failure I am carrying around.
- Actually go visit people besides my parents. I have uncles and aunts and friends who never see me. It’s time to get social in real life, away from the anti-social networks.
- Build a Shed. I plan on building a 30×30 shed this year, the last couple of years have been fraught with excuses not to go ahead with the build. This year I will not be deterred.
- As much as my wife and folks think I do too much of, and as much as some may hate to hear it – I want to do the things I want to do a little more, and things I hate doing a little less. This seems vague, but honestly, it’s a broad array of things.
- Continue caring for my foster daughter up until the day (hopefully) she becomes mine. I plan on doing things with her every day before I do other unimportant things. She is my new homework assignment.
- Get back into playing board games and card games with my friends. What little bit we did in 2014 was fun, I would like to see it come back this year.
- Lastly, keep Just Chill Here active throughout the year.
They say don’t talk about resolutions and don’t obsess with them. Some even say don’t make them. I am going to see if I can achieve at least half of these resolutions.